View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 AM
AnaMack
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And probably super random, but going into the new season ... I just hope if Bellarke does happen, people don't automatically say that he is second best, her rebound since her true love(s) are gone. I think that would be a complete disrespect to their relationship and who Bellamy is to her. We never got to see Clarke having to choose between Finn/Lexa and Bellamy and in a way, I'm glad for it ... but at the same time, I think it's fair to say she could have chosen him as well and he is someone who is clearly important to her.
For real? All the times Finn and Lexa called her out on her feelings for Bellamy aside, I think that, were there any actual moments for her to choose, she'd have gone with Bellamy. When she was around Lexa in season 2, it was all about Bellamy in MtWeather. When it came to trusting Finn or Bellamy, even in season 1, it was always Bellamy. I think that, although there are no direct moments of choosing between the "true loves"(if that's what you wanna call them, Eliza and Jason, sure, but I don't buy it) and Bellamy, there are numerous parallels in which we can realise it was all about Bellamy. To say "she could have chosen him as well", to me, feels like an understatement. She would have probably chosen Bellamy. I can't see a scenario that isn't grounded by political decisions or her own cowardry in which she wouldn't have chosen Bellamy. Bellamy is her weakness, her biggest weakness, canon fact, something neither Lexa nor Finn actually came to be.

And yes, I'm 100% worried about how Jason and co. will address Bellarke, since they're so afraid of and catering to the clexa stans. To have Bellamy as the last option, when it was always him the first thought in her head would be quite ridiculous and disregarding of the storyline. I sincerely hope that, at least when it comes to this, he doesn't ignore where the show's coming from(three seasons of bellarke development). It's inevitable that antis will say he is her second option, but he isn't, and the show's scripts should definitely not disregard their 3seasons worth of development for some desire of uncalled for retribution to the clexa fanbase. Lexa herself didn't aknowledge Clarke's feelings for him for no reason. It was always in the narrative that Bellamy was actually her constant, her One, if the word can be used for this show. Even if they want to keep on this "Lexa was actually important to her emotionally"(on which I immensely disagree) concept, they can't have Bellamy as less than Lexa. It's either "they meant similarly to her" or aknowledge he actually meant more(because, well, Lexa herself knew that and didn't complain - she had had Costia herself). They already erased Costia as Lexa's girl, so I'm scared of how they'll treat Bellarke after that s3 Lstans outrage.

Yeah, it's interesting to know and also a surprise that Arryn's openly bisexual (also, the bellarke feels implied don't help).

BTtw, apparently Bob did this 15 minutes long or so interview on s4
"Because I love you, you idiot!"