View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 11:52 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I honestly thought Bright was awful to Ephram. He was a bully in the literal term. He was cruel and horrible to Ephram.
I guess I just think that while Bright was awful to Ephram he had his reasons that were yes completely wrong. However I still think that there were reasons for Bright's behavior that went beyond him just being bully. If he was just bully he wouldn't have changed that quickly. This doesn't mean that he was nice guy like Ephram. He wasn't that either, but for me he also wasn't complete jerk to anyone.

Quote:
Amy's girl friends were the typical stuck up mean girls too. Honestly, I saw Colin and Bright as the male version of Katie and Kayla. They were all very full of themselves and looked down on others.
It could have been this way you are right, but I just didn't see proof enough to be sure.

Quote:
Colin was very cold and insensitive towards Amy right before the accident. It's obvious they were having major problems.
To be honest I didn't think that he was cold and insensitive. He wanted to break up with her because he realized that he didn't have that much feelings for her. Sure Amy thought that she loved him, but we all know that she didn't exactly love him either. Colin was actually smart enough to realize that their relationship has to end.

Quote:
I think this is why Amy was drawn to Ephram in the first place... it was the very first down to earth, kind, decent person she had close interaction with in who knows how long. Ephram was not like Colin and I think that's why she was drawn to him all the more.
Ephram for sure wasn't Colin. I guess I see things a bit differently. I do think that at first Amy talked to Ephram because of Colin. She stayed with Ephram because of Ephram. I think that the more she was interacting with Ephram, the more she realized that this is the guy she needs.

Quote:
I don't believe Colin and Bright walked around physically hurting people they looked down on. But they certainly didn't give them the time of day and maybe teased them or said mean things. That's bullying in my mind too.
This I agree with. I think that they were definitely teasing people per accident. However my initial point was that Colin's behavior towards Ephram in the end had nothing to do with Colin being bully. I just think that the reasons were different. For me it was about Colin's frustration with the accident, his frustration with everyone pressuring him and the fact that from his side Ephram did went for his girlfriend behind his back. I will be pissed if some girl acts as a friend towards me and then I realize that she kind of wants to date my boyfriend.

Quote:
I don't know... I just know Colin was more like Bright than he was Ephram. Bright had thankfully changed his ways by the time the middle-end of season 2 and certainly season 3 hit though.
I agree here as well. Colin was more like Bright than Ephram. I think that for the most we see the common ground. What we differentiate for sure is the way we interpret Colin going off Ephram. But hey it's OK. We generated good Everwood discussion .