View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely loved this season opener! I love Frozen, so was excited to see how OUAT interpreted the characters. And I must say, I love how they have made the Frozen story a sort of continuation 'sequel' to the film than a rewrite of the story. Very smart and refreshing. The casting for Elsa and Anna are spot on! I don't know the actresses at all, but they make the perfect Elsa and Anna. Even the outfits are identical to the film.

Regina. Oh Regina. I felt so bad for her when Robin told her that whilst he loved her, he had to keep the vows his promised to his wife. But please Regina, don't forget what you have learnt from your past. I was shocked when she went to see Sidney and put him back in the mirror. Sidney! A blast from the past! She wanted to go back in time and prevent Emma from saving Marian and kill her. So she got Sidney to show her the moment when she captured Marian, but only to be given a visual reminder of herself as the Evil Queen and actually ended up saving Marian from the snow monster. Marian sees that perhaps she isn't so evil after all anymore. Just like that huh. I loved the scene afterwards, with Emma talking to Regina behind the door, parallel to Anna trying to talk to Elsa in Frozen, that was a neat touch. When Regina just buried her head, I just wanted to give her a big hug. It was nice of Emma to tell her she won't stop until she finds everyone's happiness, including Regina's. But then Regina just realises that the book only had happy endings for the heroes. not the villains, so she tells Sidney to find the writer of the book so she as the villain, finds her happy ending. That confused me, as wasn't it August who wrote the book?! August is now just a little boy, back as Pinocchio. It seems Regina hasn't learnt anything about how to find happiness. I hope she pulls through this without making the same mistakes again.

I love the scene with Rumple at Neal's grave, how he vowed to be the man Neal wanted him to be, why he had to lie to Belle in order to avenge his death, but then said he will switch the daggers back. His speech made me teary eyed. I love how adorable Belle was in this episode. Who's house is that that they went to their honeymoon I wonder? I LOVED their dance scene, just like Disney's Beauty & the Beast, music, dress and all.

Last edited by livstevi21; 01-19-2017 at 04:32 PM