View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 12:29 PM
posterity
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I didn't care for Gwen either, and her obsession with trying to figure out why Dawson and Joey broke up and why their not together now was really silly and immature to me. The only thing I did understand was after she saw Pacey and Joey kiss, she said it would of been bad if Dawson saw that and that they need to tell him. I personally understood that, but yeah what I don't understand is after saying that and seeing that Pacey and Joey have feelings for each other (and when I rewatched the episodes last year when Pacey says hey to Joey and they share that look before she walks away in the kitchen, Gwen noticed it so I think she suspected something. Oh and before that when Dawson and Joey were explaining why they didn't work out and Joey said "Then he asked Pacey to look out for me" and she said "What does Pacey have to do with this?" I wonder if she suspected something then too) she pushes Dawson to be with Joey and get her back. WTF? That just makes the situation more messy so in general I don't get her idiotic actions.
I know right?! The entire episode Joey was making it clear that something was going on with her and Pacey, and Gwen saw it. I truly did not understand why she would tell Joey that she needed to be honest with Dawson, and then simultaneously attempt to convince Dawson that he had a chance to get back with Joey. She came across like a hypocrite, considering her own history.

I love how the dialogue from the characters favors PJo:

Will: "Isn't it better to have a short time with someone you love than someone who is basically your roomate?"

I also love how Gwen points out that Richard made her feel alive, which is what Joey admitted Pacey made her feel. I truly think she confused her deep friendship with Dawson as something romantic because they were straight and of opposite genders. However, Pacey made her feel a sexual/physical passion she had never experienced before, and obviously it made her realize that romantic love is not necessarily found in the friendship bonds of our childhood.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote