View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 02:45 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
Nope, sorry. I like Travis, but I don't see any romantic chemistry between he and Bay. That isn't because of Emmett either. Bay and Emmett had plenty of romantic chemistry between them, but even if there were no chance of them getting back together, I still wouldn't think Bay and Travis would be a good match. I loved them as friends though.
I agree, too.

I wish that the writers had paired Bay with Garrett. To me, that is a character that Bay could have fallen in love with hook, line, and sinker. Garrett could have completely swept Bay off her feet, to the point where she was saying, "Emmett who?"

If the writers could not tolerate writing a story for Bay & Emmett, for whatever behind-the-scenes reasons, then they should have paired Bay with Garrett. I watch this video, and I imagine Bay interacting with Garrett and all of his Deaf relatives. The storyline is limitless.

I read Nyle Dimarco's fun fact at the bottom of this YouTube video, and I think about Bay interacting in that world:

Fun Fact: I have over 25 Deaf members in my family. Yes, it is genetic; However only 10% are born to Deaf parents. Come and meet my family and learn what I do everyday and with my activism for #DeafTalent.

It would have been so exciting to see. The character of Travis doesn't open up the same family dynamics or potential, as the character of Garrett would have done. Plus, Garrett would have made Emmett feel insecure in a way that Travis will not, and I regret that missed opportunity.

Travis is better as a friend to Bay, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXyUo2yhpQ