View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Almeida's Army
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalâ—˜fate (View Post)
Do you feel this is the last year for this team to make it work or next year will look like a whole new team for the Clippers?
That is a very difficult question to answer, as I think this is likely it, but Doc has said he's confident in keeping both CP3 and Blake and if they weren't I think Blake would be traded. And everything I'm seeing and hearing says to me they both want to stay. I mean, CP3 as President of the Players Union negotiated the CBA agreement that would enable him to get way more money in LA then anywhere else, and I've heard he is actively seeking the max from the Clippers, and I just can't see Blake choosing to leave as he loves the big market. I can't see him switching locker rooms to Lakers, Knicks have Porzingus so I can't see him wanting to leave. Only one that he could go to would be the Celtics. Otherwise, I can't see him wanting to leave, and I can't see CP3 turning down that money. Now, what I could see, is trading away DJ to create cap room to sign a KD or a Curry or someone of that ilk. Just can't see either of those two wanting to go anywhere else.

Having said that, if certain teams- Pelicans, Hornets, Knicks, Spurs and Cavs- came in for CP3, it would give me a bit of concern. I think those 5 teams would interest CP3. And of course, the Warriors, who will likely try and get him on a minimum contract, along with Lebron, Davis, Westbrook, Harden, MJ, Tom Brady and Barrack Obama #NotBitter.