View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:19 AM
ElenaBelle
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^Same. Words 'epic' and 'soulmate' are such a big ones, and when someone says it, they sound somewhat... cheap and not real. And like they were trying to convince themselves that they're epic and soulmates. I'm more of a "actions speaks louder than words" girl, so I'm blah too when people say stuff like that.

Nah, I'm sure too that Stefan not serving Cade anymore after a year won't that easy. My quess is that Ripper!Stefan won't want to go back to his old life. And then Caroline will have to step in for real. But I wouldn't mind Damon wanting to break their deal with Cade earlier either.
Yeah it's better to see why two people work so well together instead of giving them labels. Also 'soulmate' implies that there's only one person that you can be with to be truly happy. And while I think it's possible to spend your whole life with one person, I also think it's discouraging to think that you could never be as happy with someone else.

I expect Stefan to feel guilty but I really hope it doesn't reach a level where he starts hating himself and doesn't think he deserves happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
But there was christmas music playing all through the episode and it wasnt just snow in the town either, there were christmas lights and decorations everywhere. lol.

Agree. Unfortunately I think we are gonna have to see ripper stefan for at least a few episodes. its gonna suck. But I hope you are right that maybe Stefan will cause Damon to turn his back on (unless its gonna be Elena somehow) and then we can have Caroline help to turn Stefan's back on. I just sincerely hope it doesnt drag to the end of the season. We only have 9 episodes left.

AS much as i appreciate the show always coming up with new storylines and not dragging things out for multiple seasons, i am not a big fan of the current storyline at all. i want sybil dead soon and i want this cade thing to just come to close in about 5 more episodes. Then the last 4 can seriously just center around the characters and maybe a much simpler storyline. of course i would love to get elena back in the last 4 and have those revolve around HER somehow, but i imagine if we get nina back it'll only be in the finale so im probably grasping for straws.

I REALLY want Damon to be back to his hold self, having to deal with this weird version of him is just so hard for me to bear and I cant imagine it lasting the ENTIRE season, that would just suck for me.
The episode aired in December which is why I think they wanted the music. I'm judging from the clothes. In 3x18 they had winter coats and scarfs where as in the beginning of S4 they were dressed less warmly. Caroline wore a lot of dresses. Also the snow in 4x09 was fake but in S7's Christmas ep when Caroline visited her mom's grave there was real snow. I didn't know about the decorations all over town Maybe the town just wanted to spread a little cheer after all the deaths they had around that time.

I agree. I really want this storyline wrapped up quickly. There are too many relationships and characters that need proper closure. I still prefer S8 over S7 though. I really disliked S7's guest stars/storylines.