View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 07:42 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah, that's another thing that is left for people to interpret . I actually don't think that Bright was bully in general. I think that he was acting up because of the guilt he felt knowing that he was driving that car.

I think that Bright and Colin were the typical jocks. Not the actual real jocks, but the way jocks are portrayed in TV series. I think that they were a bit cocky and self confident and all that. I guess if they were good players they might have been also popular enough in the town. Everwood is small town so if say there are some tournaments and their football team wins it would be something the people would like.

I guess I feel that if Colin was full on bully Amy would not have liked him that much. So in this sense I feel like Colin might have been cocky, sometimes going too much with joking with someone, but not into the full blown bully mode.

I think that in the end Colin felt so much pressure from everyone to remember and get to the older Colin they all knew that he had to resort to physical ways to blow off steam and let go of his frustration. I never felt that this is who he is though. I actually saw him being scared of himself and unsure what's going on.
I honestly thought Bright was awful to Ephram. He was a bully in the literal term. He was cruel and horrible to Ephram.

Amy's girl friends were the typical stuck up mean girls too. Honestly, I saw Colin and Bright as the male version of Katie and Kayla. They were all very full of themselves and looked down on others.

Colin was very cold and insensitive towards Amy right before the accident. It's obvious they were having major problems.

I think this is why Amy was drawn to Ephram in the first place... it was the very first down to earth, kind, decent person she had close interaction with in who knows how long. Ephram was not like Colin and I think that's why she was drawn to him all the more.

I don't believe Colin and Bright walked around physically hurting people they looked down on. But they certainly didn't give them the time of day and maybe teased them or said mean things. That's bullying in my mind too.

I don't know... I just know Colin was more like Bright than he was Ephram. Bright had thankfully changed his ways by the time the middle-end of season 2 and certainly season 3 hit though.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote