View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 02:13 PM
PureJavaWhimsy
New Fan

Hello

I really enjoyed season 1 of OTH. I think it sets up the High School years of OTH perfectly and really makes you invested in the characters. I liked that the show not only focused on the teens, but also made you interested in the adults as well.

I really enjoyed the development of Brooke's character this season (and generally throughout the series) and I enjoyed the tension between Lucas and Haley over her relationship with Nathan.

When it aired originally, I was a sophomore in high school and I remember really liking how Peyton's character was very multifaceted and that the writers didn't force her into a specific stereotype for a high school girl.

I'll always remember Peyton saying, "I'm into the music, not the uniform." It really resonated with me at the time because in high school I feel like you're often compelled to fit in with a specific group and you would be shamed if you didn't conform to some pre-set criteria. As you grow up, you realize that's garbage, but it was really refreshing to see them attempt to show how different people can be and how you should be true to yourself. I felt like this was also reflected in Brooke and Haley's characters as well, but to a lesser extent.

Favorite Episode:

The Search For Something More

Favorite Characters:

Brooke
Peyton
Dan
Haley

Favorite Couples:

Brooke and Lucas
Haley and Nathan
The "will they, won't they" aspect for Karen and Keith.

Favorite Song:

If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian