View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Scarlet's Walk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I thought that Christopher and Logan packed some similarities when the show was still on back in the day, and apparently I wasn't the only one.
Oh yeah, I definitely saw that too. Especially when Chris went to Yale to visit Rory and he met Logan. It was like the two of them were looking into a mirror

What I (and many casual viewers, as far as I've read) saw is that Logan represents something similar to what Chris represented for Lorelai: he's the guy who Rory can't quit, they always have fun together and they're sort of clinging to each other but for some reason they can't make it work like they ideally wished. Plus, they're both privileged, come from a similar background as the girls, they both had a "familiy obligation" they didn't really wanna follow but in the end, they just "caved in". Not everything is the same, of course, since Logan & Rory had a much mature relationship than whatever Lorelai & Chris ever had (the age difference could have played a big factor in it). I doubt Logan would be a deadbeat, too. But I don't think the "parallels" (gosh after the other GG I still hate that word) are only in Alexis and ASP's heads.

Quote:
I'm mad that they cut scenes of substance for things like the musical.
Me too! That musical did nothing for the overall story, did it? How hard was for ASP/DP to spend more time developing the main characters' story instead? Or even showing more things about Lane for example, who I'm sure had less screetime than all of the Bunheads cameos combined