View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Remedy
Addicted Fan

Hey sweetie,

Sorry to hear about your cold, life has step in the way too. Now I am back to continue our conversation. I read that Christina will be part of the Parliament/ Funkadelic tribute I am very happy with this for so many reasons. One, it is the step that we have been talking about for awhile. I wonder if she is going to cover a song from them?

As I stated this is in the right field for her when it comes to showing her the funk and the soul. Never thought that she might bring a funk, latin flavor to the mix. I am itching for her third album more then ever now.

Divas again, I am a little upset that we will not hear her vocals on this diva. I think that it is for the best. I would prefer her and Teena Marie to be on stage together for Diva’s. I am not sure if you have notice that the females showcasing their vocals are all sopranos. Another reason why Christina should do this one.

Usher did you check his little interview about what’s R&B? Man, never love Usher but after he stated this I just might. LOL

MTV: So what's the essence of R&B?

Usher: The essence of R&B is real experience. It's based on soul. It's based on feeling groove and rhythm and a combination of all them coming together to make a piece of magic. It sort of puts artists in a vulnerable place where they're emotionally drenched, pouring something out, you know. If you think back to Whitney Houston's earlier days, Aretha Franklin's earlier days, Bobby Womack's earlier days, it's like they were crying to you on records. Sam Cooke, you felt him. James Brown, you felt him. That's what it is, that's funk R&B.

MTV: Who do you think are some of your peers on the R&B level?

Usher: Obviously R. Kelly. Beyoncéé is definitely doing her thing, Joe definitely understands. You've got new cats —— newcomers who understand R&B but do it in a fusion of different styles like Robin Thicke —— that just truly understand the essence of real music. Do they sell a lot records? No, because it ain't bull--: cars, clothes, hoes, money and wheels spinning. That's bull!
www. mtv.com

Love,

Rem