View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Ekua
Elite Fan

Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving Podmom It's lovely when all the family can get together. I can't believe you eat turnip!! I hate it It's something Scottish people eat to celebrate Burns night (the poet Robert Burns) and we call it neeps. I think it tastes horrible!

So cute of Anna Lee to do that! I guess she was really paying attention in school. I don't have a clue about the story of Thanksgiving....

There's a girl in my class who has ADD. She also loves to perform and is really into singing and dancing and anything creative. She struggles with maths and reading but gets a lot of extra support. It's lucky she's in a school that has the resources to provide that. She can be really disruptive though and i'm finding it so hard to deal with. She'll randomly start singing in the classroom, shout out, dance around....I know she's just testing me right now but i'm worried it's going to affect my chances of passing. I have wonderful teachers who keep reassuring me i'm just learning and all the things i'm struggling with are to be expected at this stage of my teaching (only 3 weeks in!) and i've not to worry!

But of course I do. All the freaking time.

I volunteered to be an elf at the school Christmas fair today! It was so lovely. I had to take the children round to see Santa in his makeshift grotto! I was so amazed by how many of the children actually believed he was the real Santa! It was so cute. And the Santa was so funny, singing jingle bells as they came in and pretending he was speaking to his elf helpers in the North Pole when the kids told him what they wanted for Christmas.