View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
cursedandblessed
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"Jane, this caramel situation is just not going to happen". LOL--one of the best lines in the show!
OMG, I never realized that he said "caramel situation." That's much more hilarious than the "carnal situation" I thought he said!

Quote:
It would have been one thing if they had just left it at JM finally getting the sex right, but no they had to show him asleep while she went to get champagne. That's just sad and Jane deserved better.
Yeah there's no spinning how insensitive that was. What kind of guy doesn't know that after a girl's first time she expects cuddles and kisses? Not to mention that said girl is his wife and she has waited 25 years to have sex. I hope it was a deliberate choice by the writers. But I have zero faith in them. Who knows they might have thought it was hilarious and "realistic." If that's there version of realistic, they need to find a better class of guy in their real lives.

Pia - you made me watch Moondust again and I'm sucked back in! I love that video and song so much.

Here are a few of my favorite moments in addition to the ones mentioned already:
  • her first glowing heart for Rafael in the hallway of the Marbella where she can't stop herself from touching him
  • "I know ... it's not a date ... (sly grin)"
  • when he slept on the floor beside her during their baby crisis
  • "living on a prayer? are you sure you don't want to rethink that?"
  • "well played" in response to Jane talking Rafael into going to see Luisa at the insane asylum
  • last name negotiation at the hospital
  • the first time they met bobby the clown in the flashback
  • their breakup when she doubles over in pain. she loved him so much.
On another note, do you guys think they are setting up parallel storylines between Alba/her sister and Jane/cousin-who-will-date-Rafael? Could the cousin be Alba's sister's daughter? It might be interesting especially if we find out that Alba and her sister became estranged over Mateo. I might be getting mixed up since I haven't watched and am relying on episode descriptions.