View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It was kind of a dorky episode, being as it was a halloween episode but it was still sort of fun. Were they supposed to be the versions of themselves that they COULD have turned out to be had they not been friends? I think they were definitely extreme versions. But alas, a nice message of sorts.
Yeah, it definitely does support show's overall "people change people" thing, with special emphasize on Rilaya. How extreme the characters' personalities were is one of the things that amused me this episode. There were all very colorful for sure (except Corey, who was an extreme of a sort - extremely boring).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
Yeah, I didn't like how they wrote out Zay. It almost sounded like Lucas murdered him or something.

I think Maya, after seeing how she was in the first season, could have been a bully to an extent. But more a trouble maker than a bully. Probably would have been with the girls From the ep where she shows that she is back......the one where she spray paints that park.

I am terrified of spiders as well, but this wasn't a huge problem for me. Now, the ep with Farkle's spider, yeah, that didn't go over well. I had forgotten about it and started watching. Whenever the spider was on I just turned the screen (thank god for iPads and smartphones ).
It was kind of reminiscent of how mysterious they were about Lucas's actions in Texas back when we first found out he has some "dark" secret.

Yeah, they hinted at Maya having a potential to be a bit of a bully in s1 and True Maya. But I would have personally preferred if they had just kept her tough and bad-tempered in this episode. Spray painting in TM I liked. That kind of rebelliousness they should never completely remove from her character imo. It was a great balance of growth (she's drawing bright stuff) and rule-breaking (that isn't completely stupid and annoying, I'm not a big fan of shows' trying to sell rule-breaking in and of itself as "fun" if the rule-breaking character him/herself is a boring idiot whose rule-breaking ways mostly consist of getting drunk and/or going to parties).

And lol, a screen you can turn over definitely comes in handy in that ep with the spider. This one was better for me too, but I tried to focus my attention on the part of the screen where there weren't any spider toys/ornaments/pillows.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote