View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 PM
jaquen7
Part-Time Fan

Season 1 is a mixed bag. I think it's the worst season of the first four "original gang" ones.

It's very interesting to watch the relationship set-ups in season 1 that ultimately went nowhere.

Brenda/Andrea - It's really obvious that, of any of the girls, Brenda was initially suppose to be Andrea's girlfriend. They spend a lot more time together in season 1, and the summer between the school years, than later. By the time you get to season 4 and Andrea gives Brenda the muffler as a going away present these two are totally strained and don't seem like friends at all.

Scott/Everyone - Self explanatory.

Andrea/Steve - It's obvious that their impromptu make out session was suppose to be seeds for a later exploration. One that unfortunately never came.

Brandon/Andrea - It's obvious that this was suppose to go fully romantic at some point. Even as a kid I remember a lot of people just assuming they'd get together. They had a pretty big following. I did read somewhere that the intention for season 4 was for them to finally go there, but Gabrielle's pregnancy shifted everything. Not sure how true that was.

Steve/Kelly - Few people seem to recall that they slept together again during season 1. Looking back, considering that there was no Kelly/Dylan or Kelly/Brandon during the first season, it seemed like Kelly and Steve were the logical conclusion. Not even that they'd be this great couple, but I do think there's more than enough to support the idea that the writers were open to reuniting them.