View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:31 PM
rossfangirl86
Elite Fan

Hil was a VJ before she was on OTH so I think she did well considering she had no acting experience prior to the show. And she had tremendous growth imo. She's one of the best crier's I've ever seen on TV. She doesn't have to cry to look sad/emotional. James also had no acting experience and he didn't really get a lot of scenes that helped him grow as an actor. He did have his moments though.

Chad was very good in s1. I think he got bored in other seasons because the writing didn't give him a lot to work with. He wasn't the best crier (outside scenes with Hil in s5 and s6) but I find a lot of male actors aren't good at that. There are exceptions to that rule of course.

I think Joy had the most acting experience since she had been on a soap before OTH. So she probably got used to crying a lot.

Sophia...eeh. She never did anything for me as an actress. Everyone has their own taste in what they like/don't like in actors and she's just not it for me.

Quote:
Nathan's jerkiness was a lot more black and white for me than Chris. I would argue that Chris was a very nice guy, just sarcastic and annoyingly jerky at times, where as Nathan was just kind of like a mean jerk. And I think that Peyton almost could handle the meanness, but the sneakiness IDK, it seemed that annoyed her more. lol.
That's a good point. I don't think we really saw enough of Chris to get a good sense of who he was as a character. He was there for comic relief and to sing with Haley basically. The idea of CP is interesting though and it's too bad it wasn't explored further. They didn't have to take it to a romantic place for it to be interesting. She could've just become good buddies with him, that would've been cool.