View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 08:53 AM
courtneybangelcakes
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
it just was not a good message to show this "strong" woman blair take back chuck after all the crap he did to her. super disappointing for her as a character.
Agreed I think it sends a horrible message to women, especially young women, that it's ok to take back your boyfriend/husband/whomever even after they sold you for a hotel (literally treated you as property) or used physical violence with you and your friends (Serena, Jenny). I really didn't like the way he would speak to her and speak to her as if he owned her. That's simply not a good message to send viewers. And I will never not think the writers made a mistake with this But to each their own.

And thanks Alex -- I can never come into this thread, even though I enjoy talking about the show and it's moments and relationships, because DB are bashed constantly. And it seems most DB fans even admit to really loving CB in the beginning, but were disappointed in the writing...but people go off on DB and Dan ALL the time. It's not really a fair environment.

Quote:
i truly felt like the writers felt they were stuck in a corner with the CB fanbase. it was just so large and i think they didnt want to get the wrath of that if they didnt end them together.
Definitely And it's a real shame because like we were saying in the last thread -- they clearly cared about DB because they were building them up for seasons.