View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:37 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Tom Burke has officially been cast as Cormoran Strike in the upcoming BBC One series of the same name, confirmed by J.K. Rowling herself in a new statement. Burke also said he was overjoyed to star as the private detective in the seven-part series The Cormoran Strike Mysteries, set to air sometime in 2017.

Said J.K. Rowling/Robert Galbraith about Burke's casting:

“I’m thrilled about the casting of Tom Burke, a massively talented actor who’ll bring the character to perfect life. Cormoran Strike is pure joy to write, and I can’t wait to see Tom play him.”

Tom Burke: “I’m overjoyed to be immersing myself in the role of Cormoran Strike, who is as complex as he is larger than life. I know I’m joining an extraordinary team of people on a series that for me is peppered with moments of real emotional depth and meticulously grounded in the page-turning momentum of these novels. Cormoran’s world is rich and raw.”

As for the seven-part series, this is the breakdown: three-parter “The Cuckoo’s Calling,” two-parter “The Silkworm” and two-parter “Career of Evil.” Each episode will be an hour long. No word yet on further casting, including Strike's partner, Robin Ellacott. Production begins this fall in England. HBO is said to have the broadcast rights for the U.S.
Tom Burke confirmed to star in 'The Cormoran Strike Mysteries', J.K. Rowling comments - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.