View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 AM
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥
Fan Forum Star

I've seen a lot of shows in my time and typically there's a little bit of apprehension with a new cast, but with Hedwig (for example), each lead brought something unique to her. Then again…really there was only a cast of 6…Hedwig, Yitzhak and the band.

The audience reaction though is priceless! Especially those who don't know how sexual some of the acts can be. I love to see the discomfort of people. I've actually watched people walk out of shows (Avenue Q, BoM, Hedwig, Spring Awakening, Rent, et al.). I mean…for Gods sake people…this is live theatre…heed the warnings!!

Quote:
Although I have started to look for flubs with the lines and how the audience reacts to it more than ever.
This is one of the problems (eventually), with seeing a show multiple times. I saw American Idiot 5 times…twice on Broadway and 3 times touring, and it was difficult not seeing the original cast. I was always comparing the vocals and the touring show couldn't do the wire work.

With all of that said, I'm really looking forward to seeing the show again in my town. My husband, daughter, son, his girlfriend, me and our sweet friend Daggi is coming from Germany to see the show…and me!

AND…look who saw Cabaret last night!!