View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Rikayla
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
It might be wishful thinking, but there has been so much secrecy surround Rachel's role. I mean, I guess that's what Marvel does but during the panel Rachel basically repeated the quote we got from the producer before in the EW issue. She also skipped the press line for interviews, that's not really uncommon for Rachel but you would think she is (contractually) obliged to do them. I like to think that they are hiding something big, and that her role is more interesting than we are anticipating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcam (View Post)
to be honest i'm not that excited with rachel in this movie. i have this bad experience with marvel since they cast cobie smulders. she plays a strong character, but still they don't seem to give her the importance the character has. maybe it's because i'm a fan lol but they did the same with scarlett johansson (and other actresses) by using her to be the love interest in some point. so when they announced that rachel was going to be in this movie i was like "okay.."
see, i want to have the same thoughts as you, lindsey, but then i'm also with bcam here. marvel has a history of not fully using their female characters, so if rachel ends up being a disguised clea, then sure, it'll be a nice surprise, but if not, i wouldn't be disappointed because i honestly just expect the most low level appearance from her in this movie. like, almost as low as 'sherlock holmes' because she legit just appeared in that as a romantic interest.

i just feel like she signed on for this purely because she gets to work with tilda swinton, benedict cumberbatch, and she needs a box office hit to secure bigger roles in the future... and the marvel studio wins in return because they get a big family-friendly box office-friendly name like rachel... unlike idk, saoirse ronan or kirsten dunst. which if you think about it, is weird. like, did she really sign on a marvel contract - you know how binding those things are - just to work with two actors (and not even a big name director)? because if so, then this reminds me a lot of the whole natalie portman / thor situation. where natalie portman totally signed on to act with kenneth branagh, (i'm guessing really), and when that was over, she probably bought herself out of the other movies lol. IDK.