View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Musickat18
Elite Fan

I have on occasion drank hot water when I was thirsty because I was dehydrated in my car and had nothing but the water heated by the sun. It didn't cool me off, but the heat felt good on my parched throat.

Fun Fact: Doctoral students at the U of A ran an experiment where they cooked a whole beef roast inside a car on a hot day.

No but seriously. I don't drink ice cold liquids often. Room temp water is better for you for the reason listed above. But heat stroke is a real and serious thing here, and drinking hot liquids when you're hot won't help. And elsewhere in the South, it doesn't help to drink hot stuff because even though you're sweating, it's not evaporating, so you'd only be making yourself hotter. The only way to lower your core temp in those situations is to drink cold liquids.