View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was a great episode! I loved seeing the cute guy on the subway and seeing Maya and Riley discuss the past.

To me it was kind of clear that Lucas chose Maya?

-When Topanga asked him who he chose he looked really scared, like he didnt want to tell her he didnt pick her daughter. On the other side he told Katy how she did a great job with Maya...

-Sean says he thought he wanted to be with Angela because he thought he was supposed to. That reminds me of Lucas thinking he THINKS he’s supposed to be with Riley.

-When Maya asks Lucas if he’s made a decision about them he says yeah and is smiling. I don’t think he’d be smiling like that at her if he wasn’t planning to pick her.

-ML had a moment so to speak in the episode, and RL didnt get anything. ML were even sitting next to one another. Seems odd to me that only one of the ships would actually get something this episode.

-Lucas didnt actually pick. Maya picked for him. And when shes said that Lucas picked Riley Lucas did not look happy about it at all.

-After she picks for him Lucas says “what do you want to do?” As if he’s letting Maya decide what she wants in this situation. Like he’s saying it wasn’t his choice at all, its Maya’s choice to decide if she truly likes him or not.

When Lucas listed everything he liked about Maya it was everything that was special to HER as she is, not the qualities about her that were similar to Riley. So I think thats important too. Lucas fell for the Maya being Maya, not the Maya acting like Riley Maya….

And obviously I see what they are trying to say with Maya wanting to be like Riley but I don’t necessarily think thats why she liked Lucas and I think she will figure that out later. And I don’t even agree that she’s been acting like Riley? All because she got one good grade? Yeah okay….

How I see it going and what what I hope will happen is that RL will try a relationship but Lucas wont really be over Maya. Then RL will realize they dont work together. That’s at least, what the show is saying to me right now. I’d be a little confused if it went a different way.

Seeing Shawn again was fantastic! I love the Shawn/Maya connection a lot. The flashbacks were cute and I like that Shawn said people make other people want to be better. I don’t see Maya as wanting to BE Riley, just be better like Riley. And I think the promo kind of proves that Riley was wrong, that Maya trying to be too much of her “old self” is not the right way to go about things.

“You’re the reason Maya that I believe I can be a father someday.”

“I’m very extremely fond of you.”

Shawn/Cory moments were great! Loved the hand shake.

I like Shawn/Katy but I do feel like things were too fast for them. Realizing they liked each other, sure, but marriage? That was ridiculous. The boys sticking their head out and watching was really cute. But it was just way too fast.

One thing I really didnt like about the episode was Riley just believing that Lucas had picked her without Lucas saying it, and also her getting excited in front of Maya like that. I felt it was a bit insensitive.

I also hated that we STILL dont have a decision made on who Lucas wants to be with!!! Lucas didnt choose, and even the girls said they were taking a breather! UGH. So frustrating.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-08-2023 at 02:05 AM
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote