View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
FuriosityShell
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Furiosity, that's an interesting bit of info. Thanks! Weird how that happened -- and how "That '70s Musical" isn't in widescreen.

I hate when TV stations broadcast the show speeded up to give more time to advertisements. The actors' voices sound ridiculous.
Oh yeah, I hate that too. I remember when That '70s Show aired on Nick at Nite, they extended the timeslot. So for example, if T7S came on at 10, instead of a regular half-hour 10:00-10:30 time slot, it'd be from 10:00-10:40 for more advertisements. You'd think with more time, they'd at least air the uncut versions of the episodes. But nope. They still aired the syndicated episodes with footage missing even with more time.

T7S is owned by Fox, and they're very stingy with releasing their TV shows on Blu-ray, especially non-current shows. It took them forever to release The X-Files on Blu even though there was a huge demand, and I'm still waiting for a release of another one of my favorite shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So I'm grateful that Mill Creek were able to get the rights to T7S to put it out on Blu-ray. But I wish they could have put more effort into it. The menu typos, the SD musical episode and the sped-up 6.01 take away from it. But I can't complain since it was so cheap. My brother-in-law said he got it for only $60 on Amazon, which is rather cheap for a show as long-running and popular as T7S on Blu-ray.