View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 06:33 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
Hyde's actions in "Nobody's Fault But Mine" were definitely plot manipulating character and it required a HUGE suspension of disbelief. But I did like the aftermath in "Immigrant Song" and "Celebration Day". Hyde telling Jackie he loves her, their scene in the hospital together in "Immigrant Song", Hyde telling Kelso he's "never felt this way about a girl before" and Jackie choosing herself were great moments.
ITA with all of this.

Quote:
I like the idea of Jackie using the summer and first few episodes of S6 to find herself before getting back with Hyde, who would wait for her to make a decision. Jackie instead being the one to chase after a seemingly remorseless Hyde was disappointing.
Well put.

Quote:
Their S7 reconciliation was just bad. I'm grasping at straws, but the only thing I can come up with for it was maybe they missed the thrill of just having an uncomplicated, purely physical relationship like "Going to California" and the summer between S4 and S5? I don't know. But it was horribly OOC and contradictory to what we had seen before.
My head!canon is that Jackie and Hyde liked to keep the core of their relationship. Fez was present for that reconciliation, and they didn't want to reveal too much in front of him, so they made up a bunch of crap to say.