View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM
22 Umbrellas
Obsessed Fan

I'd like to think I'm actually fairly easy to please when it comes to TV. All I ever really need is a well-written and engaging narrative with complex characters. Of course, in the case of s4, that appeared to be asking for too much. But now that we're lucky enough to get s5 with a clean slate, I basically only have 3 major wishes:

1. Can the main cast please interact with each other regularly, instead of being stuck in their own insular storylines from hell all the time? Other shows with ensemble casts somehow manage, so they should be able to figure something out. Also, the city of Nashville was the heart of the show at the beginning and that seems to have been lost somewhere along the way. I know they're musicians and need to tour the country occasionally, but the way no one was at home in the season (then-series) finale was borderline ridiculous.

2. Deacon & Rayna writing and singing together. This is all I care about here. Their romantic relationship is a bonus for me, but I really don't care whether they're married or not if they're not making music together. I would also love for them to finally go on that tour, but maybe not until the season finale or right before a hiatus so the bulk of it can happen off-screen or something and the cast will still be together.

3. No more guest stars who literally have no purpose beyond stirring up drama in the lives of the core 7. There is plenty of drama to be had internally, so I honestly don't understand why they continually resorted to this. Of course I hope they will also lose the soap. I personally don't care about Luke or Layla, but I don't mind them staying if they're bumped back to recurring. Neither Will nor Aubrey has tweeted or RT'ed anything about the renewal so maybe they don't think they'll be back anyway.

And just as an added bonus, it would be nice if my favorites Deacon and Juliette were ever allowed to have happiness for more than one episode, and to reconnect with their daughters, etc. I always seem to love the designated punching bags in any TV show, so I'm used to it and it's not really a deal breaker. But like I said, it would be nice.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS