View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 03:09 PM
nashville fan
Total Fan

I'm going to try to keep an open mind when it comes to the new showrunners. If I get everything I ask for, it might be unexciting over time, becoming very stale and predictably boring. I want the quirky personalities to remain a big part of the show. I don't want Juliette to become a stay-at-home-mom changing diapers. I don't want Daphne and Maddie to lose all of their sassy rebellious ways entirely. I don't want Gunnar and Scarlett to never have another argument. I don't want Deacon to get all sophisticated and full of sage-like wisdom. I don't want Will to lose his vulnerability to where he doesn't need to consult a good friend's advice.

But I would like to see:
1........ Juliette interact with Avery's friends, especially Gunnar and Will. Hayden and Sam seem to have a great friendship o/s of the show.
2........ Jeff not be resurrected as a saint. If he is a background part of a story on the show in remembering any characters' history, then let it be known what a conniving scoundrel he was.
3.......If Layla remains on the show, then please get her a love interest closer to her age. IMO Avery and Jeff both were too old for her.
4.......Avery become a big-time producer..... or something...anything! Just make him a success! I think that would do wonders for his ego and make his career equal to Juliette's in the music business.
5.......The time lines on this show balance out to when/where/what they should be.
6.......All the main couples get counseling so that some of their Baggage can be dumped and forgotten. I don't mean over a whole season, but maybe be the main theme in just one show. I don't want another Jeff, Layla, or Autumn incident to reappear in the future. Been there. Done that! Move On!!!
7.......The news that Layla was the one who "ratted" to the press about the Charlie Wentworth debacle come to light. I want Juliette, Avery, Will, Glenn, and Rayna find out. I don't think it will make any difference to Juliette now, but Avery needs to be reminded of what that did to Juliette's emotional life and career.
8.......A proper wedding for Juliette and Avery. (I really don't have to have this, but it would be icing on the cake if it did happen.)

Now, before I write this last thought, I have to say that I'm hoping to god the new showrunners have better sense than to do this to Javery fans, but TBH I have wondered about it. (I have NO doubt the old writers might have addressed it.) I do not want Layla to be pregnant with Avery's child!!!!!