View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 05:41 PM
soup333
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
A competent writer can find ways to flesh out the minor characters in a manner that does not chew up the screentime completely. Small references. Say, Glenn making a passing reference to his former wife. Shooting a normal scene with Bucky where he's hitting the gym or playing squash. Simple stuff like that.
Hopefully it would go something like this. I have no faith that the old writers could have handled that without mucking it up.

Not only were the Deacon/Gunnar interactions good, but so were the Deacon/Avery ones. Their scenes are some of my favorites.

Ultimately I hope we end up thinking of S4 as a horrible misstep. This new miracle season is a true turning point for the show and I really believe our characters are in good hands.

As far as Maddie's solo career, her parents should make her fulfill it. This is the bed she made, she should be made to lie in it. Maybe she could get a local Nashville producer (Avery?) but Rayna should not rescue her from that contract.

ETA: of course all discussion and dealings with said contract should happen off screen. I don't want any Maddie centric stories either.