View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Yes. I didn't like this episode. Way too much Lola for my liking. So annoying.
I don't know if i's a good or a bad thing I know what happens in 3x17 and wathed some scenes
Aww I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the episode, Issi. I really enjoyed it. I found Lola's scenes with Elizabeth to be very entertaining. I just love these two together. I also found everything happening in France and Scotland to be pretty exciting. At least they set things up nicely for the next episode, which should have a lot of intense action.... and a lot of Catherine. I'm going to have to find out from you and Amanda what you already know about 3x17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I don't know what Lola will do and if Narcisse will get to her in time but I do know I, too, am loving Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. The writers never quite knew what to make of Lola and she just fits beautifully in England. Plus was I the only one who thought Elizabeth treats her better as a hostage than anyone at French court ever has as a friend and a lady? Sure hostages in those days were more like guests but seriously, she was having her hair combed and getting a mani pedi with the queen of England sign me up please and thank you. And it's touching that she's so loyal to Mary and her crying when she thought her dead really got to me (because Anna is a brilliant and navigated actress) but she just works so much better with Elizabeth.
Also kudos to Rachel for her epic eye rolling and disgusted faces in this episode. Now I just need this kind of light heartedness with Robert.
Yes, to all of this. You did a great job of describing why I am loving Lola in England, and I'm warming up to Elizabeth more and more. I would love to see that kind of light-heartedness in a Dudley/Liz scene.

Alice, thanks for the interesting description of Pope Paul III. I'm Catholic and I didn't even know all of that. He was a fascinating man.

Yeah...I never thought for a moment that they would kill Bash off right there on the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
It was really interesting to see Mary with none of the usual advantages and trappings that go along with being a queen. She is queen of this country and is completely on her own. She has a friend in Bash, but what is she queen of, exactly?
That's exactly why I found the scenes in Scotland to be so intriguing. It will be interesting to see how Mary copes with this new reality. Also...can someone tell me how Mary still looks stunning after surviving a shipwreck? Seriously, I thought Ade looked so pretty with her mussed up hair and fresh face.