View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Bravebear
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
It was really interesting to see Mary with none of the usual advantages and trappings that go along with being a queen. She is queen of this country and is completely on her own. She has a friend in Bash, but what is she queen of, exactly?
Exactly, I think that is the new SL for Mary. The last two and half years has been maneuvering in French Court. She was learning and discovering how to be a Queen--the dynamic of that learning both the good and bad of Catherine. Now both she and the audience are unsure of what it is to be Queen in Scotland. We will learn together.

And they will still include Elizabeth and continue her successful reign--although I'm not sure of this move of Elizabeth's to get Lola to be an English courtier. This could be another tragic mistake for Lola ahead. Elizabeth to me is much more interesting when staying away from love affairs. Although Magnus was great this episode, especially since we knew how insincere Elizabeth was from the beginning.

And Catherine will still have to weigh personal loss with political success, it is what truly makes her character so appealing--her tortured soul. I can't wait for her retribution.

Next season will be the one of three queens, even though that is what this season was billed as. I had to get to know Elizabeth before I could really care for her like I do the others. I am coming around though.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote