View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 12:43 PM
drunkalice
Master Fan

Quote:
NOT ENOUGH CATHERINE.
There's never enough Catherine, right? But we definitely got too little of her. Loooved her mention of pope Paul III, one of my favourite historical people ever.

Quote:
Ugh, Charles went behind Catherine's back to try to do away with the regency, and he got himself kidnapped by the Red Knights.
This is why these kids should never ever turn their back to Catherine, they just can't get ***** done without her. Just accept it, kids

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just LOVE Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. Their interactions with the delegation from Denmark were pretty funny, and I enjoy their heart to heart conversations. I was very nervous when Liz started doubting Lola's motives for befriending her, and even more scared when Liz realized that Lola had gotten information about her fleet to Mary. But Liz didn't blame her, and even offered for her and her son to stay in England as English subjects.
I don't know what Lola will do and if Narcisse will get to her in time but I do know I, too, am loving Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. The writers never quite knew what to make of Lola and she just fits beautifully in England. Plus was I the only one who thought Elizabeth treats her better as a hostage than anyone at French court ever has as a friend and a lady? Sure hostages in those days were more like guests but seriously, she was having her hair combed and getting a mani pedi with the queen of England sign me up please and thank you. And it's touching that she's so loyal to Mary and her crying when she thought her dead really got to me (because Anna is a brilliant and navigated actress) but she just works so much better with Elizabeth.
Also kudos to Rachel for her epic eye rolling and disgusted faces in this episode. Now I just need this kind of light heartedness with Robert.

And oh, right, there were other people. I liked Narcisse. Couldn't care less about the whole Scotland thing though.

Last edited by drunkalice; 06-07-2016 at 05:14 PM
drunkalice is offline   Reply With Quote