View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 AM
jokarev
Loyal Fan

Quote:
To give the writers some credit, I think they did tone it down in the later s12 episodes. There was definitely a gap in their interactions between 12x17 & 12x22 (5 episodes WOW ) And their interactions in the last 2 episodes of the seasons weren't that bad. I didn't love them, but at least Meredith acknowledged that Alex had a life outside of their friendship for once. And any scene where there's some back and forth going on and Alex's life is brought up too is an improvement in my book.
I don't know if I was misunderstood. I wasn't really criticizing the friendship itself, but just that it's still being written like it overshadows Jolex. And I'm aware that they didn't share many scenes towards the end but neither did Jolex, so I felt like again there was no huge difference. What even were the writers doing with Alex and Jo this season again? It felt like they wasted another season with nothing for them.

I didn't have an issue with manwhore Alex that much but it was because I wasn't actively shipping him with anyone. I think now that I love him with Jo so much I would hate to see him sleep around again. I think he can regress as much as he wants to, punching people and such, anything that makes for good drama and emotional scenes, but the sleeping around is something that would bother me now as an avid Jolex shipper.