View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 11:58 AM
BlondieLeigh
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
We Talked to Tammin Sursok About Jenna’s Love Life and the (Possibly) Final Season of ​PLL​
"She is heavily, heavily, heavily involved with the Liars in the upcoming storyline."

Teen Vogue: The last time we saw Jenna was a while ago at the Ice Ball, so everyone is excited to see her after the time jump. What can you tell us about her life now?
Tammin Sursok:
I had to fill in a few of the dots myself. I had been away for a year and a half, and then Jenna comes back. You do get a lot of answers, but you also get a lot of questions. But you’ll definitely find out what’s been happening, and she is heavily, heavily, heavily involved with the Liars in the upcoming storyline.

TV: How has Jenna changed since Season 1?
TS:
I was always villainized. I was always told that I was the villain, that I was the bad egg of the whole pack. But for me, Jenna was never the villain — she was the victim. You see throughout the other seasons how the girls have actually affected her and her life, and how she was the victim for a long time. In Season 7, it’s payback. … She now has a sense of herself. She’s done. She knows herself, and it’s time to fight for who she is.

TV: What has the fan reception been like to Jenna over time?
TS
: People either love her or hate her. It’s either, “She’s my favorite character,” or “I can’t stand to look at her face.” There’s nothing really in between. But I feel like I’ve done my job if you love her or hate her. Because ... she’s kind of supposed to be both. She fits somewhere in the middle. The fact that fans have any reactions so intensely one way or the other is a good thing.

TV: Many fans are curious about Jenna’s love life. Will she get another love interest in Season 7?
TS:
You’ll find out a lot of answers from her past love interests, if that makes sense. So, her love interests come into play; there’s no one new, but more about the past love interests.

TV: Do you know who the new Big Bad is?
TS:
I don’t know anything. I don’t think anyone does!

TV: Who do you hope it is?
TS:
I suppose I hope it’s me! Wouldn’t that be funny – the girl you always thought was the villain, then you didn’t think she was the villain, and then she was? I think everyone hopes it’s themselves, because that would be the biggest thing for everyone to remember.

TV: Do you have a favorite of Jenna’s past storylines?
TS:
I like when she got her eyesight back, because I was able to play the character without sunglasses and that was fun. But after everything my character — and Tammin the actor — has gone through, I think [Season 7] will be the best season yet.

TV: If you could give us one word to describe Jenna’s story in the upcoming season, what would you say?
TS:
Involved. Definitely involved.
X

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Torrey Devitto on 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7: Could Melissa Be Charlotte's Killer?

Torrey Devitto recently took ET into the mysterious mind of her character, Melissa Hastings, and told us she’s also still trying to figure out if she really is a villain or a hero.

“It's really interesting, every time I go in I feel like she changes script by script,” Torrey said. “Once I feel like I’ve got a grasp on her, something new comes about. I’ve been playing this character for six years and I feel like I’m constantly learning new things about her.”

“I think she has good intentions, just kind of goes about things the wrong way sometimes,” she explained.

Case in point: Melissa admitted to burying Bethany Young alive awhile back in order to protect Spencer. But, does this mean she was capable of killing Charlotte?

“You never know,” she teased, “I think, on this show especially, anything is possible. “

So what about the whole suitcase handle situation?!

“I think they set things up so that you get distracted from what could potentially be the truth,” she added. “This show is like a jigsaw puzzle, you're constantly trying to put it together and the pieces just don’t fit.”

And sure, Melissa and Spencer have gone through their share of ups and downs and shared boyfriends – but Torrey thinks Melissa truly has her little sister’s best interest at heart.

“It's not a sisterly relationship that I would particularly want in my family,” she shared. “But, at the end of the day, as crazy as everything is they have had each other's back in very odd, pseudo-aggressive ways here and there… I personally don’t think she’s trying to do her harm. “

But, the actress quickly added, “That could change, too.”

Maybe that’s because Melissa still has some resentment towards Spencer? And the fact Spencer moved in on Caleb doesn’t surprise her one bit.

“Melissa said, you know, ‘shopping out of other people's carts,’ I mean that is very true… I can't help but feel bitter for Melissa because it's a cause of concern! She's always dating other people's boyfriends .”

Like us, Torrey is still holding hope for “Spoby.”

“I think they're a good relationship, I like that one,” she admitted. “I vote for them - Toby and Spencer!”

As for Melissa’s love life? Torrey tells ET she’s still working out her season 7 return to Rosewood – and isn’t sure if fans can expect to see Wren either.

“I just think it would be nice to finish out Melissa… I feel like she needs it for the fans of the show and also for the character - I feel like I owe it to her to really like play that story out,” she said.

“I want there to be a big reveal. I want it to be a good tying up of her and a good explanation of her - I think everyone deserves an explanation of what she's hiding, why she’s always been so secretive, and what makes her so edgy all the time… I thought it was enough that she buried the girl, so who knows what else she has in her closet.”
X

Leigh Tumblr