View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

That was just brutal. It's hard to be a fan of this show right now with them killing off so many characters, especially female characters. I get that they want to make Marcel mad enough to go against the Mikaelsons but he hasn't done much all season.

I am glad they are doing more with Freya, however. That conversation with Vincent gave me chills: "You are just as much a bloodsucker as the rest of them." Also, the conversation between her and Klaus at the end. Terrific acting in this episode.

Sweet scene between Davina and Marcel--the little girl all grown up. Why make her so utterly dead by shredding her soul? Merciless. She made some bad or reckless decisions but she was still so young.

I like that they are again exploring the moral issue of "Is it okay to kill another if it saves someone you love?" Did you really have no choice, or was the choice just such a difficult one? Even Kol could have let himself die at the city limits in order to protect Davin, but he wasn't able to give up his own life.

They need to give magic some boundaries in this show. Otherwise, it gets too far-fetched and you have to wonder why they can come up with a spell one minute and the next they can't. I thought Freya's use of her mother's spell to "undo" Lucien was far-fetched. He used bio-engineered werewolf blood as well as magic to become a hybrid, and that spell was for vampirism.