View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:10 AM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

I want to write this the way I feel on some level the show should have been written. Yeah I'm all about Will and Alicia, obviously but there are so many other components that were underserved and needed to be developed

I'm probably in the small majority who think that Cary and Kalinda had something special but the writers wrote it as Kalinda just toying with Cary and was m never going to admit it to him. That is sad to me because we've seen both Cary and Kalinda both struggle personally and they've found their way with each other. They are both complex characters who really get each other when it's obvious that no one else does.

I am pained, literally it breaks my heart to watch season 6 that I literally have no idea what happened and never finished the season who who knows how that turned out, I'm not getting my hopes up

Maybe I'm overreaching but I feel like if the character of Will Gardner was used in a way that served the law, I would like to think Josh would have stayed. He would have something to fight for and not just Alicia. She was totally worth fighting for, but Will built a career and he was a very young lawyer to be a named partner in such a way that he was. I want to keep that. I want to keep Will fighting in the courtroom the way he was in season 1, he was unstoppable. He didn't become successful by just sitting around doing nothing. He knew the law better than anyone and he proved it.

I often wonder how it went all about when Diane, Will and (absentee) Jonas started their own firm. I would like to think it was a lot like the way Cary and Alicia were when they started out with nothing and slowly built their way up and became who why did (minus the bitter and jealous Will)

I don't know where this story will take me but I'm loving it! This is how I think The Good Wife should've handled things. Have depth instead of just people existent. Stop with the new characters and value what you have

All in all, the Kings screwed up big time. I think that Josh Charles not being at that series finale party spoke volumes to the relationship they all have. Yes he's working and all that jazz. But to not say something (I know he did when the announcement was made) about the last episode whether he's in it or not. It just shows how a really close group of cast mates can grow apart as easily as they grew together

[/end rant]
{EphramAmy}
patricia