View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:41 PM
scarletspuffyfan
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
^i love it and Barry is still oblivious to it. I wonder what his reaction is going to be when she tells him.
i have this bad feeling it's going to be unenthusiastic. i was hoping it would be this big moment and he'd be floored and happy, etc...but they've made him so miserable and they haven't showed us how he feels about her in so long (I think Grant's done his best on his own to try to give subtle facial expressions that might convey something, but i know that stuff isn't written).

i've lowered my expectations to the very bottom from now on. the writers aren't building it appropriately, imo. they're not doing enough. it's like they've never seen any other show before that did a simple "will they/won't they" storyline and they have no idea what beats they need to put in the episodes if you want to build up to something.

they should have lingered on Iris patching him up for example, to show sexual tension. any other show would have done that. there should have been some sort of flirting/tension btw them when they were out investigating together. this basic stuff just isn't being put in. how are you supposed to root for something that isn't being shaped consistently enough?

Last edited by scarletspuffyfan; 04-27-2016 at 03:46 PM