View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 01:13 PM
obisgirl
Master Fan

Red truly loved Peter, and Adam and Eddy defined true love is when you truly somebody, which Red did.

Quote:
True Love is when you truly love somebody... And I think on our show we’ve learned that happy endings aren’t always what you expect. And so even if you love somebody and that doesn’t work out, it’s okay to love again.” - Eddy Kitsis, [x]
FYI, I have been making a meta-study of true love and love in general for the past three seasons. I know Red truly loved Peter, which part of the reason she didn't date for a very long time because she was scared of getting close to someone again and then potentially hurting/eating them.

Also, as far as we know, Peter was the first person Red truly loved romantically. I think her actions and her behavior in "Red-Handed" alone speak volumes about how much she truly loved him, but was utterly heartbroken when she realized that she killed him. That traumatised her for a very long time, which is very understandable.

Just because Peter's kiss never broke a curse, doesn't mean what he and Ruby weren't true love either. We've come across different pairs and couples on this show who have true love and we've never seen them have a magical smooch, but there's no question that they truly loved each other. When you truly love someone and then lose them like that, that's a pain that is very difficult to get over. I know Red held onto that pain for a long time because she was afraid of that happening again.