View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

I have known all season, having read up to this point in the comics, that a major character would die as soon as Negan arrived. I've been mentally preparing for this for a while now, but even so, when they finally met Negan in the last few minutes, I couldn't watch, I had to leave the room.

Then I find out they killed someone but didn't show who, and it just left me cold. I can't have an emotional reaction to such a death if I don't know who it is. And since TPTB are going out of their way to keep the death a mystery, I can't even get interested in all the speculation about who it might have been, because there's no real evidence to support any conclusion, at this point it's just a guessing game and other than Rick or Carl it could have been anybody there at the end.

I've never really had a reaction to a cliffhanger like this before. The only emotion I have is anger at TPTB for making this ridiculous decision. They've been asking fans to trust that the S7 premiere will justify this somehow, but I really don't see how it can.

For one, I think it's inevitable that, as hard as they try, word will get out about which actor is no longer on the show. It'll be like what happened with Game of Thrones after the last season finale, they won't be able to hide who's shooting the show and who isn't.

And another thing is that whenever we do find out, it'll either be incredibly underwelming because they've killed off some character that we didn't really care about, or it'll be someone we do care about and there's nothing they could possibly do in the S7 premiere that will make us feel better about that death. And we'll still be questioning why we had to wait 7 months to find out.