View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
"You're the only vampire here."
"I kind of doubt that"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
I remember in another cut line, Cordy said to Russell Winters in an effort to charm him and keep from panicking, "one of my dearest friends is a vamp -- or would you prefer 'night person'?"
Hmm, to call Angel her dearest friend back then, I kinda want to say she was romanticizing like she did about her so called successful acting career but in any case, I love that line. It's a beautiful parallel to later in the series when Angel calls her his dearest friend. I don't recall the episode let alone the exact line but it was something like:
"All I know is you are my dearest friend, I want that back"
I'm pretty sure it was in season 4 during her amnesia.

On the other hand, I believe it was wise to cut that out because it kind of gives the wrong message, that Cordelia thought being a vamp-ally would spare her from danger and that she still had interest in Russell. Although she was known in BTVS for attempting to appeal to the foe to spare her, she's way too smart and self-respecting to let herself be seen that way.

It also doesn't fit because she'd stood up to vampire before. Remember Lyle Gorch in 'Homecoming'? She wouldn't even let Angelus off the hook just because his souled persona was her friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
The scriptbook collection includes "City Of", "In the Dark", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle", "Conviction", "You're Welcome", "Smile Time", "A Hole in the World" and "Not Fade Away". "City Of" is the only one I've fully read. I've skimmed through some of the others. When I get the time to fully read them, I'll post any deleted Angel/Cordy exchanges if there are any. I'm especially looking forward to any deleted bits involving them in the "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle" and "You're Welcome" scripts.
I'm totally anxious to know about deleted Cangel dialogue in 'Waiting in the Wings' and 'You're Welcome'. 'Spin the Bottle' would be interesting too since it's technically Liam. Hmm, did Cordy and "Liam" even have any scenes together in that episode? Other than the de ja vu bit where she once again says "Hello Salty Goodness" upon first seeing him? LOL.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 03-22-2016 at 02:11 PM
Ashes Fall is offline   Reply With Quote