View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Gelfling
Elite Fan

Quote:
Excellent episode. Has anyone ever noticed how Jason and Diane's husband from earlier seasons are kind of similar in external personality traits: quiet low-key types, kind of gravelly and gruff.
well the Kings haven't had the best record when it comes to creating recurring characters since... oh say season 2 when other writers were doing the writing. So ofc they are going to recycle anything that worked.

I would say it's probably also very typical of the idea of masculinity an older white man would come up with. Kurt was awesome because Gary Cole played with the stereotype, and most importantly Christine did a perfect job appearing smitten but resistant to the macho type.

Now don't get me wrong, JDM is hot as hell. They had actually mentioned him back after season 1 when they were casting Blake () and that would have changed season 2 imo. But the problem here is that the character is one-dimensional because it's just an impression of a much more layered character. And Alicia is not Diane. Nope.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"