View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 07:39 PM
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
I found a Chicago theater site that had links to all the reviews from that city's Cabaret performances.

I recall seeing all of them except this one:

http://www.chicagotheatrereview.com/...es-a-winner-2/

The ubiquitous, sexually uninhibited Emcee, played with devilish glee and sinister kinkiness by stage, television and film star Randy Harrison, welcomes the audience (“Willkommen”) and promises an evening ahead of debauchery and fun. Mr. Harrison greatly impresses with each musical number, particularly the melancholy “I Don’t Care Much.” He titillates in the delightfully R-rated “Two Ladies” (coupling with provocative ensemble members Dani Spieler and Leeds Hill), drives home a sensitive point with “If You Could See Her” and opens Act II by kicking up a storm with the other Kit Kat girls. The Emcee’s sultry performance of “Money,” one of three songs adapted from the 1972 film version for this production, is terrific. Like a smirking deity, this Emcee is always lurking in the background, constantly observing and commenting on everyone and everything that happens; and his final scene brings the show to a crashing close, like a punch in the stomach.
Ooo… and the reviewer used "ubiquitous", which happens to be one of my favorite words.