View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 04:04 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

I've never watched Downton Abbey. I can still remember Bay referencing it to Noah, and Noah being oblivious to her reference.

A season or two ago, I do remember reading some big spoiler about a man who was a woman or vice versa or something of that nature. It seemed like a big reveal and very interesting, but I never started watching.

At our school, we have four seventh grade teams. In November, one of the teams did a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and served it during our planning time (which is 8:30 to 10 AM, but oh, well).

Then, another team hosted a Valentine's Day brunch during our planning.

So now, our team has volunteered to host a St. Patrick's Day brunch.

There's only four of us on our team, and the math teacher's wife is in the hospital with preeclampsia and may deliver her baby tomorrow at 25 and a half weeks pregnant, so very scary. He has missed the last two days of work to stay by his wife's side, and he will not be there tomorrow. Depending on what happens, he may miss many more days of school, so obviously, we don't want to burden him with this celebration.

That means, each of us need to choose three things to bring.

Any suggestions from this list, on which three things I should choose? I really need help choosing!

• I could do a beautiful fruit rainbow with whipped cream clouds and Rolo Gold
  • I could also do the mini-Reuben sandwiches. Those are easy.
  • I could buy a breakfast pizza and/or a quiche or two from Martins.
  • I could do veggies with spinach dip.
  • I could do corn chips with salsa and/or guacamole.
  • I could buy cabbage stuffed with ground beef, rice, and onions in a sweet and sour sauce at The Fresh Market.
  • I could buy a strawberry rhubarb or deep dish apple pie at The Fresh Market.
  • I could buy a dessert platter at The Fresh Market. They are surprisingly reasonable in price, especially the cupcake and the continental breakfast platters. Here's the selection:
  • Continental Breakfast Platter (Scones, Butter Croissants and Filled Croissants, finished with an assortment of fresh fruit)
  • Dessert Platter (Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Cheesecake, Petit Fours, Strawberry Cakes, Tuxedo Cakes, Mini Cannolis and Cream Cheese Icing Brownies)
  • Tea Cookie Assortment (Italian Cookies, Pillow Cookies, Mini Brownies, Mini Macaroons and Raspberry Bites)
  • Cupcakes (Vanilla, Chocolate and Red Velvet Cupcakes iced with your favorite color and sprinkle)
  • Tea Cakes (Cranberry Orange Pound Cake, French Vanilla Pound Cake, Old Fashioned Banana Nut Bread, Zucchini Nut Bread and garnished with fresh Grapes and Berries)
  • Pure Indulgence Dessert Bars (Super Fudge Brownies, Triple Chocolate Brownies, Bourbon Pecan Bars and Lemon Bars, garnished with fresh fruit)
  • Raspberry Almond Take-and-Bake Brie
  • Also, I could buy a sandwich platter at The Fresh Market:
  • Wrap Sandwiches: Chicken Caesar, Italian Meat, Greek Salad, Buffalo Chicken, Turkey Apple Brie or Turkey & Swiss
  • Deli Pin Wheels: Virginia Ham and Swiss Cheese, Roast Beef and Wisconsin Cheddar and Smoked Turkey and Havarti
  • Mini Croissants and Rolls with Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, and/or Seafood Salad.