View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:16 PM
lavitaebella
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone!

I was just talking with my brother the other day about the cold. Both of us hate it. He wants to transfer to a college down south, and when I'm done with library school, I hope to move somewhere where I'll only see snow when I come home to visit for the holidays.

Quote:
Hi guys! Yeah I'm feeling almost 90% better thank goodness! The good news is I accidentally lost five pounds in a week and every tells me I look awesome, the bad news is that I really miss food but it's still terrible for me to eat. Other than that I seem to be mostly good besides a pesky cough!

Oh and I just discovered another place we should all go see! Kawah Ijen Volcano! There is so much sulfur there that the lava burns blue (from the sulfur on top). It's amazing looking!
I hope you're feeling better! That volcano sounds amazing!

Quote:
I'm not sure how long it lasts. It's supposed to be six months, which would be ending soon, but I might stay on longer. We shall see.
I'm so sorry your internship isn't what you expected! I hope it gets better soon! Sending you positive vibes.

Quote:
The MLIS is really a lot of fun, though. What courses have you taken/will take? I'm guessing they were different than mine since I was specialized in IA. Any reason why you're sticking with Public Libraries? Also did you make sure to join your local associations and coops? They should help you find jobs and will be a great resource later on!
Your library work sounds like so much fun! My favorite part of working the Youth Services desk is the questions I'll get, although I haven't gotten any really interesting ones, not like Adult services gets... Last summer, I took the intro course to the degree program. Last fall (aka the semester from hell) I took a cataloging class, a reference class, and a young adult literature class (that class was a TON of reading, like 4-6 books a week; so that plus the cataloging class meant I felt like I was drowning the whole semester, not fun). The semester, I'm taking a children's literature class, a reader's advisory class, and a collection management class. I'm sticking with public because I feel like academic libraries would be just helping students with research, and from what I hear about school libraries, they're so short-staffed that they have to do everything themselves, and I don't like that kind of stress haha. Plus I'm not much of a kid person. I didn't choose to work in Youth Services when I started as a page years ago. Not that I regret it, because it's a job and I'm learning a lot (including what I might not want to do after school). I haven't joined anything, but I need to get on it!

Quote:
Are you excited for GG to come back?
I am SO pumped! I don't want to know spoilers, like what actually happens, but I love seeing pictures that people have taken of the set. I cannot want to go back to Stars Hollow for a little visit. that show means so much to me. Are you excited to watch?

Did anyone watch the Oscars? I am so excited Inside Out won, and I cannot wait to see Room. From what I've seen, in clips and stuff, Brie Larson deserved her Oscar, and Jacob T. looks adorable! I loved the book, it was so dark and messed up, but so good.