View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 01:48 PM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
For the most part I had felt like that since 2x12, 2x13 and 2x14. 2x15 felt like I had very much in 2A. I felt like they had 4 or 5 sub-plots going on at the same time and I didn't feel like there was much that connected any of them to any of the others.

You had Barry being preoccupied with E-2 and Iris and Joe, and then Wally's somewhat understandable jealousy popped up and then you Jessie being mad at Wells initially and then Cisco being really the only one who seemed concerned that Caitlin was closed off and distant.
I think we just have to agree to disagree. Barry/Joe/Iris, Cisco/Caitlin and Jesse/Wells were one subplot to me, you have characters dealing with what happened on E-2 in the case of Barry and Cisco and what leaving E-2 means in the case of Jesse.

Maybe we could have gotten more when it comes to Barry being concerned over Caitlin losing another LI (apparently the heart-to-heart was cut?) but he certainly didn't act like he didn't give a damn. They decided to have Cisco be the worried friend who freaked out over the possibility of E-1 Killer Frost.

Then you have the villain of the week connected to the crossover.

Then you have Wally being jealous. I don't think they could have waited any longer to address this issue. It's already too contrived that Wally didn't know anything about what happened with Barry's parents.

I was fine with the episode because despite the presence of Dig and Lyla I didn't feel like any character was shoved aside. It also helped that I went in with low expectations

Quote:
I don't think there's much to be afraid of right now as far as Iris is concerned IMO. If this was last season at different times I might have made a different comment but things have been better, perhaps not great, but better, IMO, lately and I think it will likely head in that direction at least thru the end of the season
I agree that things have been much better for her but I'm having flashbacks to last season.

S1: Barry confesses he's in love with Iris. She is sidelined and has zero PoV until it's time for her and Barry to kiss. They skipped all the build up to the kiss and we're afraid they may be making the same mistakes now that she knows about E-2.

S1: Iris starts to work at CCPN and gets a mentor. Nothing happens with that storyline. Will they do the same thing with Scott? When you start to see a pattern the fear is justified.

Quote:
her semi-serious poorly developed love interest is again murdered right in front of her
That's why I said that it feels unearned. It's not about not enough horrible things happening to Caitlin that could warrant a psychotic break, it's about the writers not focusing enough on her and Jay. If this is the thing that pushes her over the edge I'll feel cheated because they could have added more heartfelt moments to their relationship. But maybe it's just me being too critical of the writing while the problem is the actors' chemistry? Or I am the problem?IDK...

Wells' betrayal was more powerful to me because the writers bothered to showcase his relationship with Barry, Cisco and Caitlin.