View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 08:43 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I think Bay is the easier of the two plot device wise. I keep trying to think of how they can use the phone call to make Daphne interesting again and I come up with a big zero. Any thoughts there?
I feel Daphne's character would be interesting again, if she was paired romantically with Emmett. Could the phone call somehow lead to that?

As much as I loved Bay & Emmett together in the beginning of the series, I feel Bay's character is far more interesting without Emmett now. Bay needs to go explore the world. She doesn't need to settle down or start a family with Emmett. Bay doesn't even need Emmett by her side as her co-conspirator, when she goes off on her adventures. I'm weary of Bay's character allowing her life to revolve around Emmett. I want something else for her.

The writers would need to make sure Daphne & Emmett's romantic relationship does not hurt Bay. I don't think it would, though. It's not like Emmett would be breaking up with Bay for Daphne. And Vanessa even said in that interview that I posted on the Bay & Emmett thread that Bay would have been far less hurt if Emmett had cheated on her with Daphne, because that is something Bay could have understood. Bay has always known on some level that Daphne & Emmett belong together. They share the same culture

As selfless as Bay's character has proven to be time and again, I believe she would be thrilled for Daphne & Emmett to find true love together. She loves them both. She wants them both to be happy. And Bay wants to put Emmett behind her. Like she said at the end of To Repel Ghosts, "Give me time. Just give me time." Bay wants to push Emmett out of her life and move forward on her own, and she should.