View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:49 AM
katlicious
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoanonimo (View Post)
I've been wondering what Kylo meant by "Han Solo can't save you". Was there a time when Han could? I mean in a physical confrontation Ben will always defeat Han, so why does he say that? Is it a reference to Kylo's misguided notion that with Han out the way, he (Kylo) will have nothing holding him back? I don't understand why he ran out into the snow, wounded and with minutes to get off the planet, to unnecessarily confront those two. Was it a death wish, a desire to turn Rey? (frankly - he would be better off if she died as far as Snoke is concerned, why bother cultivating a rival), did he just want his damn light saber. Or did he want to feel invincibly dark with Han out the way. We all agree that Kylo did not want to kill Rey , or Finn for that matter. But seriously, if this was not a movie, best thing Kylo could have done was destroy the Falcon - cut off their escape route.
Personally, I think he was rambling because he was aware that killing Han totally broke him, so it was like trying to convince himself that he was strong when he was so weak. hence beating that wound to get more pain out of it cause pain leads to anger anger to dark Side, etc. He wanted to appear triumphant but that fell flat on its face. I mean, when he yells TRAITOR just moments later, it has nothing to do with Finn's treason, it has everything to do with Kylo's.

Also, there has to be death wish on his part cause bowcaster does serious damage and yet he didn't get medical help but ran off to pick a fight that could bleed him to death. And "I can show you the ways of the Force" = not gonna turn you to the Dark Side.

I think that acting conveyed lots of it sufficiently but I do wish they left some stuff less ambiguous.