View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 04:01 AM
onebreath
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Agree with Sara, he trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's moved on, The fact that he hasn't proposed to Violet speaks volumes too. I just hope it doesn't get too messy. I can actually see him proposing then calling it off or she does, but I rather they not go that way. Maybe it won't be done bad with these writers.

I don't think any did happen based off interviews and that's the problem that nothing happened after Daniel asked her out for a drink. It was just miscommunication and bad timing. Peggy was just starting to move passed Steve, so wasn't ready at that moment on top of her lazer focus on trying to find Dottie which she didn't find till the season premiere. Daniel thinks it was a rejection especially when nothing happen right after that moment (according to Enver). They just need to sit down and have a nice long talk, but that would be to easy and back then not something I think a lot of people did. Also I don't think either want to push things especially now that he's dating someone. I think that both Thompson and Rose just saw the smaller moment and observed that something when down between them. Peggy trying to get hold of him might have even asked Thompson about him. Rose might have been asked about Peggy etc..

Agree.
When I say I think something happened, I don't mean anything big - like they got together or went on a date - nothing like that. Just, perhaps something was said (which Rose and Jack picked up on) that made Daniel think there was no chance he and Peggy could happen and made things awkward for him - as well as probably a bit heartbroken. So he took that opportunity to go to LA with no hesitation where he could run away with from the situation, bury his feelings and move on. Except he's not really moving on.