View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Kassiek
Dedicated Fan

Over and over again in those scenes we see him trying to do what he thinks is right, so he doesn't get hurt (well except the last scene). The stuff with Carlton was at the start when he was still living with his family and so extraordinarily angry because he was pretty much being neglected at home. He made mistakes, but we've seen him grow pretty much the entire time. We've really only seen a fraction of the abuse and hurt that he's had to live with because he shuts it down really quickly. But then we've seen how he can still have such joy equal to that of a child (when he got to meet the deaf athlete). There are many sides to his character that we've yet to see.

I also think that he can't be blamed for what happened with Bay. They were friends, but not really good friends at the time. And he'd seen Tank around with Bay for awhile (I'm sure) and thought they were friends like he was with Bay. That's a very dangerous thing and a big reason people don't always foresee these types of activities. In fact, I have heard from quite a few boy the last couple of days (there is a hoopla in dorms regarding sexual assault right now) that they wouldn't do it so they don't see how another guy could and none of their friends would do it because they wouldn't be friends with that type of guy. Over and over again I have to explain that you won't know who would do it until after the action is done. Travis didn't think for one moment that Tank would go in there and make a move on Bay. That wasn't because he didn't care, if he had known what would have happened, he sure as hell would have been there.

Also, I don't believe Travis owes Emmett any loyalty. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Emmett has moved on so Bay is fair game if she wants to be with him. I have seen this happen in friendships around me and the person that throws a fit because they gave up the other person and then didn't get them ultimately loses and makes themselves look terrible in the process because they get vindictive. They don't have any right to say that no one else can date that person. They also have no right to reserve that person for the rest of their life. Travis did let Emmett know that he liked Bay and that was way more respect than he even needed to pay Emmett. Emmett broke up with Bay and moved on with Skye. Bay can now date anyone she chooses. Hell, if Emmett's father was single she could date him (although that would be gross), it would be within her right.

As for Bay's moral zeal, I think Travis could balance her out. They would butt heads and I think later balance. Although, she is already easing on some of her moral grounds. She talked about how sex was such a big deal (when she thought Ty cheated on her) and then she goes and sleeps with Garrett. I think she's starting to become more adult with her views too.

Do I think Travis/Bay is going to be perfect? No because I'm still not sure they're even going to happen. I also am not going to jump on their ship until I see them actually together.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!

Last edited by Kassiek; 01-24-2016 at 12:18 AM