View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 08:32 AM
lessismore
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I'll check it out but probably won't respond till tonight. I need to think about getting to sleep soon. It's not that I put business over people but when you are at work, you are there to do a job, the way the boss wants it. We all have things about our jobs we don't like. We don't simply say, we are not going to do it. My problem came when Nick told him not to slide the glass and he did. His boss was trying to talk to him about his work and attitude and everything and he ignored him. That is disrespectful and I didn't like it and really don't care for that guy. Anyway, that's just me but when I am on the clock, I work.
That's was the problem. Nick is not a boss who would put business over his friends. But Schmidt never knew the other way around so he tried to help him from his own experience but it changed Nick. It seemed like he is dad and workers are like children who are spoiled and don't take him seriously. He tried to be the businessman-manager but at the end he saw that he cannot be and he shouldn't be because bar is people to him unlike Schmidt. So there is a difference between job definitions here. In his world you can be a boss without being demanding like that imo. But Schmidt doesn't know that, he thinks business is business and you gotta be a leader/manager first then friend to them.

Look Schmidt is not a person of people. Nick is a person of people. They have different ways and personalities. The important thing is that they have come to that understanding at the end and Nick still listened to Schmidt's advice even I loved it sooooooooooo much!