View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's not mean as long as it's a fictional character.

I agree, it makes a lot of sense that something like that would cause a break. As much as he's blamed himself for other deaths, those were pretty much anonymous to him. If it's someone he knows - that he has a face and a name for - it could cause real trauma.
Exactly. We saw him grieving Megan, but he didn't ever actually blame himself for her death, even though up until the end he did believe he could save her. Because he's a smart man, he knows Megan's death wasn't his fault. BUT this, this would be his fault, and with the face and name, it could really rattle him.

I still feel kinda mean, but I just really want this, because as has been said, Elyes would blow us all away with material like that. His emotional angsty portrayal of Walter is one of my favorite things about the series (1.12, 1.21, 2.12 etc) and this would be a gold mine for him in terms of material.

And it would be a good way of doing something of this magnitude without having to kill off another character, even a recurring one, that we've all grown attached to.