View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Musidora
Fan Forum Hero

As an actress, I can honestly say typecasting sucks, and it's annoying how people are constantly trying to fit you into a certain mold. I agree that, while a lot of actors could play different types of characters, most of them aren't given a real chance to. However, it's a side of the industry that I have come to make some peace with. It just comes a moment where yes, you'll obviously keep trying your hardest to prove yourself to be more than the stereotype they're trying to build around you, but at the same time you have to learn when and how you need to sell your perceived image. At least Mads got a good deal out of it, seeing as villains are so much fun to play, and often get a lot of exposure. Imagine if he was always cast as a rapist or the creepy one-liner guy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind the typecasting if it means we'll get to see him in more stuff. General audiences probably won't realize all he's capable of but we know. And who knows, these villain roles might be the stepping stone for something bigger and better in the future.